Monday, June 27, 2011

What a LONG Day

I started out today feeling a little under the weather. I don't know if it was something I ate, just being tired, or being overheated (since its 100 degrees all week and we don't have a/c in our house), but I was just not feeling 100%. I was kind of cranky, and I don't think I was the only one because the children had one of those days where they could NOT stop antagonizing one another.
Also, today was my first English lesson, which went pretty well. I bought two Disney reading comprehension books, so we started the first today. I think they enjoyed the activities but don't know how much they actually retained. I hope to get the hang of teaching soon though!
However, I was trying to brace myself for the world's longest day, when the postman delivered a package from home. My family sent me 4 of my favorite DVDs (since Netflix doesn't work here), and an iTunes gift card. Such a nice surprise! Thank you, guys!
After that we went to run some errands, and ended up with lunch at McDonalds. Sugary soda was exactly what I needed to give me a pick-me-up to help me get through the day.
By the time we got home, I was MORE than ready for a siesta. But instead, while Laura was at swim lessons, Danny and I played Wii until Laura returned; then we went right back down to the pool.
We just finished dinner and I'm so excited to shower (I'm always covered in sweat; I thought being an Arizonan would help me withstand the heat, but without a/c I'm powerless!), Skype, and hit the hay. Hopefully I feel better tomorrow!
2 1/2 weeks until Devin gets here, 3 1/2 weeks till we leave for Asturias, and 48 days until I'm back in a kind of heat I can tolerate! Whew.
Take care! Miss you all.

No comments: